District Sales Manager - Pleasanton CA (ASCO)
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a District Sales Manager based out of our Pleasanton, CA sales office.
The District Sales Manager will establish and maintain an effective selling organization in the District assigned.
- Responsible for all sales in the district. Directs sales activities and contacts in the District assigned.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates district sales personnel.
- Assigns customers, distributors, engineers and architects to Fields Sales Engineers/Technical Sales Representatives.
- Maintains direct personal contact with principal customers, distributors, architects and engineers. Spends majority of time in the field selling assigned customers and distributors, promoting the specification of ASCO equipment, and assisting Field Sales Engineer/Technical Sales Representatives.
- Supervises preparation of quotations and sales negotiations.
- Arranges for Field Sales Engineer/Technical Sales Representatives to cover each other's territories, when necessary.
- Supervises distribution of factory sales leads to Field Sales Engineer/Technical Sales Representatives.
- Reports to Regional Sales Director on new developments and requirements in the District.
- Seeks new potential markets and uses for ASCO products.
- Determines effectiveness of distributors, and recommends necessary changes to Florham Park, NJ headquarters.
- Administers sales and administrative policies.
- Establishes and supervises adequate and efficient office routines.
- Plans and supervises district sales promotion campaigns and sales meeting.
- Effectively reports district trends, market conditions, sales opportunities, district/personnel objectives through various monthly, quarterly, & annual reporting through the creation of charts, graphs, spreadsheets, etc.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors' degree required, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years' experience in field sales
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.