Team Lead Logistics Coordinator
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position
This position is accountable for performing more complex and diverse clerical duties in accordance with established procedures, requiring specific training or experience in a particular department or area. Must have knowledge of department or company policies and procedures. In the case of documentation in shipping focused on Customs, must have specific knowledge of laws and procedures governing such shipments. May also be assigned in various other functional areas of the organization where general clerical skills are employed and utilized.
Executes daily transportation and customs operations according to defined transportation operating plans. This person will need to be cross trained on the other lines of business. Will have daily correspondence with clients, receive and confirm shipping documents received are in compliance with requirements. Responsibilities will include data entry, will produce shipping documents, coordinate cargo availability and arrange pickup /delivery, finalize billing. Distribute shipping documents as required This position is clerical in nature. May be performed in conjunction or as part of another clerical support position. It is not necessarily mutually exclusive of other clerical positions similar in scope and depth of responsibility.
This job might be for you if:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent required. AA or some college courses preferred. Minimum of 2 years experience in logistics, a warehouse/distribution center environment or related experience and/or training.
· Steel toed shoes are required to be able to walk the warehouse as it pertains to job duties or communicate with the operations team on the floor. if she needs to one office to the east office
· Knowledge or capability to effectively use and quickly learn various manufacturing computer systems and Microsoft Office applications. Excel Data Entry/Filing.
· Communicate (both verbal and written) clearly, effectively and professionally in English with all associates, as they will be dealing with customers in addition to mid and upper level management. Must be able to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment including rapidly identifying problems and developing and implementing an appropriate solution
· Must be highly motivated and self directed with ability to work in a team environment.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus.
· Must be flexible with shift times as times may come up where shift times may need to be adjusted to meet business needs
· Position will require sitting for extended periods of time. Will occasionally require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 20 lbs.
· Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.