Test Associate - Weekend Shift
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We have a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Quality Tester. Openings are on 2nd Shift and Weekend Shift. Must have 2-year technical degree. Prefer 2-3 years experience testing switchboard/switchgear.
This position is responsible for testing, troubleshooting, and repairing moderately complex to extremely complex, high voltage electronic, electrical, and electro-mechanical products. Responsible for providing work instruction and may provide training to new employees in the department.
- Read and understand moderately complex to very complex blueprints, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, and schematics.
- Identifies discrepancies between customer requirements and finished product.
- Performs visual check of completely finished product following customer specs and/or QC report procedure.
- Performs highly complex troubleshooting and problems solving of electrical, electronic or electro-mechanical operations.
- Determines cause of errors and establishes a game plan to remedy errors to bring the product to the proper level of conformance.
- Interacts with Engineering on a regular basis to determine appropriate specifications and corrective actions when discrepancies arise.
- Interacts with Assembly operations regarding problems with wiring assembly.
- Makes minor to very complex adjustments and modifications to product.
- Performs OHM check, input output, PLC, etc.
- Utilizes PC's, PLC's, Universal Voltage Power Cart, Multi-Meter, Pulsar voltage and AMP Generator, Injection Carts for Ground Fault, Dielectric Hi-Pot Tester, etc.
- Provide training and guidance when new Testers are hired to the department.
- Interacts with external Customers, Field Sales personnel and may participate in on-site testing certification.
- Works closely with supervisor to ensure quality standards and shipment commitments are met.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand tools, air tools, and measuring equipment.
- Continuously provides input to supervision, engineering, and quality groups relative to product improvement.
- Completes test reports, quality documentation, data collection, etc. as required.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements. Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexible on demanding situations
- Oral and written communication
- Interpreting technical drawings
- Being customer focused
- Organization and problem solving
- Being self-driven and professional
- Meeting deadlines and multi-tasking
Must have 2-year technical degree. Prefer 2-3 years experience testing switchboard/switchgear.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.