Senior Procurement Specialist
About the Job
Schneider Electric is a great place to work. Our flexible work environment enables you to take control of how you get your work done. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Are you looking for a fast pace role where you will be leading a software procurement portfolio while building up the competency of your immediate team and key stakeholders.
Do you have career development ambition, looking to build on your experience as a Senior Buyer, including supporting the team as backfill for the team manager and represent your team within the business. Are you keen for flexible working and great team environment?
Based in Macquarie Park, Sydney, we are seeking a SAP procurement superstar who has a positive attitude, is solutions orientated, and able to build relationships. You will have a holistic business minded approach and a 'can do' approach to achieve customer satisfaction. Your experience with creating purchase orders in SAP and knowledge in Purchase Requisition processes will see you quickly become the "go to" person, driving process improvements and ultimately contributing to digitising the process.
The scope of this role will be to ensure customer satisfaction through efficient order processing, accurate, on-time delivery of goods and invoices.
Specific daily activities will include but not be limited to:
- Creation of purchase orders in SAP then place the PO on vendor via website
- Receive software licence orders from vendor via website and deliver to customers via email or physical shipment
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues relating to orders, pricing, logistics as well as invoicing and payments
- Working with cross-team members to support broader SCM activities with; product pricing updates, credit notes, customer licence review, and inventory stocktaking
- Prepare regular reporting (order status, forecast date vs actual date, sales order etc)
We believe instrumental to success in this role will be the following:
- Demonstrable experience creating purchase orders in SAP
- Ability to support the sales team by identifying and correcting issues with purchase requisitions in SAP
- Positive attitude and ability to build relationships with stakeholders including; vendors finance and sales teams
- Successful track record resolving issues in a fast pace and at times pressurised customer centric environment
- Experience in process improvement within procurement setting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, customer and stakeholder management skills
That's the 'job stuff', but equally critical is your positive energy, curiosity and ability to collaborate as a selfless and committed team player.
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results.
We're a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.