Area Sales Manager - South East
About the Job
Area Sales Manager - South East
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Meet your potential new colleagues in the Schneider Blog and take a look behind the scenes http://blog.schneider-electric.com LifeIsOn .
Drayton is one of the UKs leading heating control brands and part of Schneider Electric. Drayton design and manufacture products to enable energy efficient heating systems for the domestic market.
Manufactured in the UK for the UK, Drayton has a reputation for quality, reliability and technical excellence. These attributes have been instrumental in ensuring that Drayton has continued to lead the field within the UK heating market. The Drayton product portfolio includes market leading TRVs, efficient thermostats, advanced programmers, motorized valves and much more. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, it is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Connected Living Business is a highly successful multi-brand business specializing in the design, manufacture and supply of domestic heating controls to European markets.
Most of the product range is manufactured at facilities in Plymouth, UK under the Drayton brand and in Nuremberg, Germany as Eberle Controls. You may have some of our products in your home!
To develop strategic partnerships and be directly responsible for product orders and specific support contracts in the UK. The Area Sales Manager owns the relationship between Drayton to sell heating controls effectively and maximizing revenue potential, ensuring achievement of individual sales target through planning, implementation, monitoring, control and corrective action.
Your main responsibilities:
- Continually develop brand awareness by growing new and existing accounts through the delivery of the UK National strategy for growth of the Heating Controls business, by executing key sales and promotional initiatives as required.
- Achieve revenue targets set out by Sales Director reviewed quarterly
- Identify and develop relationships with key channel partners (installers, distribution wholesalers and OEMs) to establish new business channels and drive sales growth of Heating Controls products.
- Put in place the key elements of the commercial relationship (pricing, terms and conditions etc), working with internal functions as appropriate leveraging cross selling opportunities in the group.
- Act as primary interface between Drayton and the customer to maximise full customer satisfaction by proactively supporting the customer and problem solving.
- Provide technical advice and recommendations to customers (installers and channel partners) through site visits, training, demonstrations by visiting customers and prospects for demonstrations. As appropriate, prepare materials to respond to requests for proposals from prospective customers, working with Engineering, Product Management and Technical Sales Support as required.
- Provide market, competitor and customer intelligence back to other functions within the Heating Controls business
- Work closely with other field sales team members to ensure national contract deals are in place and a minimum call ratio of 5 contracts per day.
We're looking for someone with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. You will need to be open to developing and being challenged. We are looking for you to be team orientated, versatile, open minded and autonomous.
- Highly motivated, self-confident individual with high integrity and wide range of wholesale or retail knowledge ideally within the HVAC or electrical channels
- Experience of specification sales to bodies including Local Authorities, Housing Authorities etc
- The candidate must have selling and negotiation skills to quickly develop sound technical knowledge of the product and industries in which the Company operates
- Strategic business development expertise, with broad experiences of price negotiations, discount structures and other aspects of contract negotiations.
- Demonstrate self-leadership and motivation to "push" sales into channel partners and "pull" into the contractor
- Successful experience in calling on Regional Sales teams at the customer end.
- Execute excellent information flow with fast communication internally and to the customer with problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the HVAC market and issues which will impact on the customer's business.
- 80% travel associated with the role in the South East of the UK. Home-based.
Our offer :
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice - apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.