About the Job
Schneider Electric South Africa is recruiting a Pre-Sales Engineer to join the ITD Business. This role will support the Southern African region with opportunity to support the East and West English African speaking countries as well.
Capitalizing on in-depth knowledge of customer process, applications and decision criteria in his/her segment. The Solution Architect works inside a country or region closely with the Sales to bring a differentiating value proposition to the customer, leveraging the complete Schneider Electric offer portfolio (Multi BU / Tier 3 solutions).
· Work with sales team on the relationship and technical management of large deals including influencing tenders prior to being released, as well as our technical response and compliance to tenders.
· Coordinating and providing technical seminars for both channel partners and end users
· Educate Consulting Engineers and End Users on ISX, Schneider Electric datacenter products, solutions and double conversion technologies
· Provide datacenter product and solution training to the sales team and partners.
· Provide technical training on all Schneider Electric products and solutions for partners and Account Managers (AM).
· Provide EcoStruxure training to channel partners, end users and the internal sales team.
· Support key account managers and internal sales representatives from a technical standpoint on datacenter products and solutions.
· Interact with end users in order to understand their datacenter or server rooms cooling and provide customized solutions for their requirements
· Proactively find and influence key decision makers, to develop their preference towards Schneider Electric technologies and solutions.
· Provide both pre- (80%) and post- (20%) sales product support for identified high end clients.
· Reporting on various aspects of the job.
· Electrical Engineering or IT Degree/Diploma.
· Project Management qualification/training.
· Must have 3 to 5 years relevant experience.
· Demonstrate key electrical and mechanical competencies and theory.
· Know and apply safe electrical practice according to guidelines set by relevant electrical safety supervisory bodies.
· Exposure to Schneider Electric ITD solutions is preferred.
· Have a strong working knowledge and experience of the purpose and infrastructure of a Data Center. In-depth knowledge of UPS, generic mechanical room infrastructure such as chillers, Cooler Units, and fan controls
· Fundamental knowledge of physical threats monitoring and datacenter infrastructure management software (DCIM).
· Competent in use of basic IT programs such as MS Word/Excel or similar
· Drivers' license (Valid)
· Datacenter Certification (CDCP, CDCS, CDCE etc)
· Uptime Accredited Tier Designer certification would be an added advantage