Territory Manager - MI, N. Ohio, Western PA
About the Job
The Territory Manager (TM) is a quota bearing sales role, supporting non-named accounts, driving territory business development, data center solutions funnel growth and cross business unit collaboration in the Northern Ohio, Michigan and Western PA Markets. This position is field based and requires up to 50% travel in the local territory to form new business relationships, discover new opportunities, generate proposals and close business. The ideal candidate has experience managing a multi-state territory, collaborating with channel partners and has working knowledge of data center infrastructure systems including UPS, Power Distribution, precision cooling and data center management software applications. This is an aggressive outside sales position with a generous compensation plan, and is a launch point for experienced professionals seeking growth and promotion to higher sales and leadership roles with APC and Schneider.
Main Responsibilities :
- Manage to close a funnel of working data center opportunities within the territory.
- Responsible for nurturing and advancing projects through sales cycle (Engage, Discover, Build Value, Advance)
- Leverage Channel Partners, ASP/Agents, other Schneider business units and internal subject matter experts in closing Data Center business
- Responsible for accurately maintaining and delivering bi-weekly sales forecast
- Develop strategic business plans targeting growth segments (Cloud & Service Provider, Healthcare, Retail)
- Manage the sales strategy for both target and acquisition account lists
- Collaborate with Channel to assist and develop relationships within key customer base
- Entrepreneurial activities that drive revenue and funnel growth in the territory including but not limited to the following:
- Target strategic growth segments and acquisition accounts in the territory
- Build relationships with key regional data center and industrial influencers
- Become a lead figure in the local market for data center and industrial critical infrastructure by enrolling in industry groups, speaking engagements and events.
- Build a network of complimentary business partners like GC's, CE's, architects, DB firms, LV contractors that will generate leads for data center opportunities.
- Implement programs, events, blogs, webinars, trainings, social media, to drive awareness and thought leadership.
We are targeting an individual with relentless drive; outstanding presentation, written and verbal skills; ability to understand and navigate complicated business environments; and the ability to interpret and present complex technical solutions in simple terms. This role will require creativity in creating business opportunity, excellent time management, ability to delegate opportunities to partners, and a willingness to be the face and voice of Schneider Electric ITD in the territory.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- At least 3-5 years of successful technical sales experience to large corporate accounts
- Demonstrated success in driving territory or regional sales growth
- A consultative, value-added sales approach
- Discipline and energy to maintain consistently high levels of activity
- Knowledge of IT environments, data center facilities and technologies in use today
- Experience with electrical and mechanical requirements of critical computing environments
- A working knowledge of business processes, profit and loss, market strategy, and financial terms
- Experience in use of CRM applications for time, contact and sales process management
- The ability to use a telephone, computer based tools and online presentations to drive business
- A commitment to customer support and the ability to maintain productive business relationships
- Prior APC sales experience or product knowledge is highly desirable