Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
About the Job
Principal Job Purpose Schneider-Electric is a leading global technology and software business that specializes in electricity distribution, automation management and produces installation components for energy management.
This position will ensure that Schneider-Electric Smyrna manufacturing location complies with all applicable Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements (e.g. State, Federal and Schneider-Electric).
This position requires a detailed knowledge and practical application of environment, health and safety regulations in the U.S. and Tennessee requirements. This individual will provide EHS support to operations including engineering, non-manufacturing and manufacturing.
This individual will be an integral part of the Smyrna manufacturing operations and the Safety and Environment function and will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to establish the necessary programs to ensure excellent overall results in environment, health, safety and sustainability.
It is envisioned that this individual will promote the importance of a strong environment, health and safety culture by providing training and establishing/directing EHS programs. This individual must display good communication, planning, and management skills.
- Ensure Schneider-Electric Smyrna employees and operations maintain compliance with all environment, health and safety regulations; and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Assist in maintain appropriate metrics, evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement of EHS performance.
- Assist with the implementation of EHS policies, practices, guidelines, and procedures. Identify location-specific requirements for each area and participate in the development of related programs and policies.
- Assist in developing training programs and conduct training to comply with regulatory corporate EHS initiatives.
- Supervise the incident/accident investigation process including root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are completed.
- Conduct environment, health and safety audits and risk assessments. Participate in external EHS compliance audits and loss prevention audits.
- Coordinate the completion of all corrective actions with site personnel resulting from risk assessments, compliance audits or loss prevention audits.
- Liaise with facilities maintenance and property management personnel to ensure appropriate fire and life safety controls are in place and maintained.
- Oversee required permitting submissions for air, water, and land jurisdictional requirements.
- Serve as site contact point for government inquiries relating to EHS.
- Function as a technical EHS resource for management and the safety committee. Lead the site safety committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Business Experience
At least ten years' experience in an environment, health and safety position, preferably with experience in manufacturing environment. Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to successfully work independently and communicate with senior management.
Experience in electrical safety, machine guarding, training and ergonomics a plus.
Ideal Education, Skills, and Behaviors
B.S. Degree in Environment, Health and Safety Management, engineering or equivalent
Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of environment, health and safety guidelines and regulations; a good working knowledge of health and safety engineering, and a highly refined understanding of the issues related to manufacturing and delivery/service environments.
Knowledge of ISO 14000 & OHSAS standards
Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must have ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.