Real Estate leader for MEA
About the Job
Across territory organizations, industrial functions and related business units, secure the company's operations by providing efficient, reliable, effective and comfortable premises in which to conduct activity.
Unconditional application of group rules like safety, security, work place policy and branding for projects. As a key outcome, the project will deliver an attractive place to work in the scheduled delay, at the right cost.
Opportunities: extra sales through greater collaboration of entities, lower costs through more efficient operations, a stronger brand by showcasing product and enhanced capabilities by attracting the best talent into attractive working environments.
Main duties and Responsibility
- Update Real Estate Database on a very regular basis - m², rent, dates… upload digitized documents - signed agreement, title deeds. Actively participate in any workshop in relation with Database evolution or replacement.
- Carry out property councils with internal customers (P&L owners) : understand business needs, carry out portfolio analysis and raise recommendations, setup shared and agreed strategy. Setup necessary resources (internal and external) for strategy execution.
- Accountable for any RE transaction on the territory. Negotiations with landlord can be subcontracted to IP "Indirect procurement" or local team as long as targets are shared and agreed upstream. Final validation of negotiation results shall be done by RE manager.
- Carry out real estate solution decided in property council. Bring support to P&L owner team during the validation process. Manage the real estate project design and execution until commissioning - construction, refurbishment, layout, soil remediation. Project and works follow up can be subcontracted - internally (eg. facility manager) and/or externally (project Manager from an engineering company). Record savings and update KPIs.
- Manage property sales on the territory. From property valuation, environmental assessment, to negotiation process. Strategy is shared and agreed upstream with support (IP, legal, environment) and local team. Final validation and formal internal approval (BCI) is carried out by RE manager.
- Collaborate with finance teams for BCI financial adjustments.
- Provide any required data useful to set up financial forecasts.
- Provide reliable data for benchmark and costs analysis
- Promote and integrate Schneider products and solutions - building construction, renovation or fit outs projects.
- Apply green certification guidelines included in WPP2.0 "Work Place Policy".
- Manage soil remediation works decided by Environment team.
- Stakeholder Management and Positioning
- Represent the real estate expertise and authority during the project
- A bachelor's degree in either business, finance, real estate or in a related field.
- 10 years of experience as a real estate project manager or a deal maker
- Construction, finance, lease, purchase, legal, eco building solutions, energy efficiency
- MS Pack, project financial evaluations, business case development, project management, negotiation and leadership
- Fluent in English, Arabic and French is a plus