Energy Engineer - Birmingham, AL
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead tasks associated with performing preliminary and detailed energy engineering studies of complex projects of unlimited scope and size.
- Perform energy-use baseline analysis, including utility rate simulations.
- Generate baseline energy models and perform energy savings calculations.
- Direct the methodologies of performing energy savings calculations and identify any risk associated with the projections.
- Define project scope and perform high-level project cost estimates.
- Prepare technical audit reports.
- May contribute to strategizing the sell of a project with the salesperson and managers.
- May assist in sales presentations.
- Develop projects that meet or exceed the divisional goals and objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Four-year science or engineering degree.
- Five years relevant work experience.
- Intermediate understanding of building systems and energy use.
- Intermediate understanding of energy modeling software, such as eQuest, HAP, or Visual DOE.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to influence and persuade internal and external Customers, listen effectively and solicit input from others.
- Intermediate organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
- Basic employee training and mentoring skills.
- Intermediate understanding of Performance Contracting.
- Advanced understanding of Project Development processes.
- Certified Energy Manager certification is preferred.
- Professional Engineer license is preferred.
The majority of the work is sedentary. However, when performing job site visits the employee will encounter: moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as laptop computers, tools, ladders and other heavy equipment; driving an automobile, etc.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job will require approximately 20%-30% travel to project sites. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.