About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is seeking a creative, innovative and organized Writer to work closely with the Marketing Segment and Program Managers to develop content for all customer-facing marketing messages. S/he upholds Schneider Electric's tone of voice, brand message guidelines, and global editorial standards throughout the development of all communication assets.
Behaving as a journalist and subject matter expert (SME) within the company, the writer will have access to product/solution SMEs, third-party and internal research and reports, etc., and will be expected to understand changing business needs quickly within the context of industry trends. The writer also works in concert with external agency designers to develop creative strategy these for projects and may also provide editing and editorial feedback.
The writer crafts copy that embodies the Schneider Electric brand and clearly reflects key customer segment messages, while driving customer interest in our products and solutions. All communication assets advance customer engagement by providing customized messaging and copy based on defined customer segments and their main challenges, shared knowledge of user behavior, customer benefits, and best practice standards.
The ideal candidate is a bright, promising copywriter with both print and digital expertise. He or she supports and measurably enhances our email programs, social efforts, and business-centric, brand-building campaigns worldwide.
Expected output is consistently strong content for digital campaign elements, outdoor, promotional products, print pieces, and more, maintaining one consistent brand voice in all communication and long form copy.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Copywriting for both digital and offline marketing initiatives reflecting Schneider Electric's brand voice and adheres to the company's style guidelines
- Collaborating with external agencies, creative team members and marketing teams to determine creative strategy, concepts, and copy direction of branding and marketing initiatives
- Performing basic levels of QA and proofreading on peer-generated copy
- Helping to craft thought leadership pieces in collaboration with Schneider Electric SMEs
- Sharing best practices among peers
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to marketing team
- Revise or edit existing content, and proofread content as needed both externally and internally
This job might be for you:
- Bachelor's Degree Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or related degree is required
- 5-8 years of copywriting experience in a creative environment
- Experience developing and pitching conceptual ideas
- Experience working with style guides and editorial standards
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Presentation skills
- Conceptual thinker
- Highly collaborative spirit and genuine passion for making a difference
- An out of the-box, creative solutions thinker and implementer
- Exceptional writing skills, the ability to visualize a story and create compelling content, and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of a business
- Ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Must be detailed oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Portfolio demonstrates a variety of experience with long form copy and communication examples
This position will report to the Content & Thought Leadership Senior Manager. The position will be based in Boston, MA or Franklin, TN.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.