Sales Operations Analyst
About the Job
Summary of Job:
This position is ideal for a technical individual with good computer skills looking to apply their knowledge in a business environment. The analyst will work in the ITD Sales Operations department and fulfill special price approval, standard data requests, data reporting and facilitate process improvement. 80%-90% of the week will be spent on the repetitive process of quotes review and sub tasks, while the balance of the week will focus on supporting analysts on the Sales Operations team.
- Quotes review and approval.
- Preparation of gross margin calculation for sales.
- Extract data from Oracle BI, bFO, CPQ and other subject areas for creation of presentation style outputs.
- Use MS Excel to process data from various data sources.
- Complete daily/weekly quotes monitoring.
- Fulfill ad-hoc data request from Sales Operations
- Conduct prompted (and unprompted) analysis in support of our data quality efforts.
- Contribute to ad hoc analyses/reporting requests in support of business partners when appropriate
- Create time efficient processes for all analysis and reporting through automation.
- Identify areas for process improvement.
- Work within the APC environment to affect change, specifically related to the Special Price Approval process and IT systems.
Scope and Size:
Global Sales Support
Required Knowledge And Skills
- Must have the ability to effectively interface with all internal APC customers as well as all cross functional teams relevant to data reporting (Business Intelligence, Order Management, Analyses).
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft applications especially MS Excel.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Technology savvy with the ability to learn new applications and concepts
- Prior experience in using CPQ, bFO, OBIEE and other related systems.
- Strong Mathematical and Statistical skills are a plus
- Product knowledge is a plus, but not required.
Other Key Considerations:
- Must be willing to take afternoon shift.
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to learn new tools, software and processes
- Must be able to take direction, listen to needs of business managers, and interpret their needs to technical instructions
- Must be able to provide documentation and feedback on project request and communicate clearly any problems or obstacles
- Should be able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Candidate will be highly engaged to interact with and support sales, specifically who the sales reps are? who the managers are? what market do they focus on?
- Understanding of Sales process such as forecasting, invoicing, and quoting is helpful.
- Understanding of APC quotes process, beginning with quotes submission until Invoice is a plus.