Project Manager, Power Distribution Services
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Project Manager is accountable for managing moderate size and complexity project orders (customer, affiliate, recall, etc), from start to finish, so that it is completed on time and within budget. This includes initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of customer projects. Individual in this position confirms customer requirements, which includes drawings, specifications, job site requirements, bill of material alignment with specifications & clarify exceptions. Manages complete project process from order preparation, thru manufacturing release, product shipment, post shipment support and financial reconciliation utilizing a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use. Documentation, communication, and customer facing skills are critical to this position.
· Ensure all Schneider Electric safety policies and requirements are met at any onsite project locations.
· When requested, provide upfront sales support during project quotation and preparation phase to ensure specification compliance from an execution standpoint.
· Takes ownership for validating the project's statement of work and contract terms with the customer, including both technical and commercial elements, becomes lead contact for customer for balance of project order. (Project Initiation).
· Develops a project schedule and communicates with the customer to ensure expectations are being met. Direct engagement with internal manufacturing facilities and third party vendors. (Project Planning).
· Monitor the execution of the customer's project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information. Coordination of all Schneider Electric onsite activities including subcontracting. (Project Executive)
· Lead the monitor and control of the performance of the customer's project through its lifecycle. Key activities include task completion verification, project team monitoring, managing the exchange of project updates across the project team members, schedule reporting, issue resolution, and contract administration. (Monitor and Control Project Work)
· Lead the closeout of the customer's project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, and training support completion through review of internal system information, contact with the customer, and coordination with support services such as field services, after-shipment support, and training functions. (Project Close)
· Compares/differentiates/propose alternate products/ value engineering
· Solves problems with customer interaction that results in positive feedback and improved relationship.
· Utilizes a base knowledge of Schneider Electric products and their use and demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, processes and terminology needed for effective project management.
· Ensure each project is executed to meet or exceed the customer's requirements while also ensuring the project is executed within the financial boundaries of cost and margin.
· Communicate project risk (technical & financial) and mitigation plans once an issue is identified. Accurately predict the financial performance for revenue recognition to SLM to include original forecast, change orders and for cost forecasts based on incurred costs, and estimate to complete
· Utilize and offer improvements to the Project execution teams standard process, documentation and tools.
This job might be for you if you have:
· At least 3-4 years of project management experience involving construction management, electrical power distribution equipment (switchgear, ups, building systems, etc), or mechanical systems (HVAC, BMS, etc)
· In-depth understanding of subcontractor management, project financials, and risk mitigation
· Technical knowledge of a variety of facility/ building systems or IT infrastructure systems, including but not limited to; medium voltage switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, fie/ security, cooling, heating, rack, systems.
· Experience leading and developing a project team to achieve improved results, measured through increased customer satisfaction, increase project profitability.
· Experience supervising a technical staff.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Project
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.