Product Application Engineer
About the Job
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Products Application Engineer will be responsible to develop the Partner Projects Transactional business (Low Voltage Electrical Distribution products - Circuit Breakers and Motor Control Products) and drive competitive product conversion to Schneider Electric products. The Partner Projects Division business is a critical part of Schneider Electric in the USA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for our business in the mid Atlantic- south east) and will be based locally in that geography. This position will report to the Product Application Engineering Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Grow Partner Projects Transactional Business Market Share in targeted sales areas and drive growth at OEM/EOEM targeted accounts in the geography covered.
- Deploy new offer launches (Partner Projects Transactional portfolio) in the field. Drive acceptance and attendance of our main launch deployment vehicles in the field.
- Work with Partner Sales and Industry (OEM) Sales to raise competencies around Partner Projects Offers (Sales enabler) and activate the Sales cycle.
- Work with our channels partners to train staff on Partner Projects Transactional products and drive behavior by doing joint Sales calls.
- Identify and call on new customer leads for existing and new offers.
- Drive technical product conversion from the competition to Schneider Electric products.
- Present Unique Value Proposition of Partner Projects offers across wide breadth of target audiences: Technical Support Groups, Sales, Segments, Sales Ops, Distributors, OEMs, End Users, Co-Partner Businesses. Extend these presentations to prospect customers.
- Work closely with business forecasting leader to update the Partner Projects Division forecast based on data from the field.
- Use new technologies in Business Development activities: 3D interactive models, video (tutorial, promotion, UVP), mobile apps, mobile web, interactive training, self-served web tools, simple selectors and web searches.
- Educate our field organization to better use digital tools.
This position provides a unique opportunity to work with true industry leading experts in many business and technical functions. The focus of the position is to ensure that the Schneider Electric's Partner Projects Transactional portfolio continue its Market Share dominance. We are seeking a candidate with high potential to grow in the organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong understanding of business models and technical aspects of Low Voltage products - Circuit Breakers and Motor Control Products.
- Accountable, self motivated and proactive.
- Entrepreneur and self starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Technically inclined.
- Business and growth oriented - Background in Sales or Business Development in the electrical industry is a must.
- Bachelors degree required
- Applicable 5-8 years experience required
- 50%+ travel
- MBA or equivalent is a plus
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.