Warehouse Operations Manager
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- The Warehouse Operations Manager oversees the management of a Distribution Center (DC), assuring all the Supply Chain & Logistics operations to ensure the fulfillment of the logistic offer; manage and optimize the administration of logistics management functions; and ensure the coordination for inventory control, warehousing, transportation & distribution.
- Responsible for performance, quality, and budget of warehouse operations. Will handle DC day-to-day operation, act as first line leader to deploy Schneider management systems such as the Schneider Performance System, our WMS and relative improvement actions.
- Will initiate and deploy all necessary action to ensure and improve warehouse operation performance including Inventory Control, Inbound, and Outbound Warehouse Supervisors, operations, security, efficiency, and quality. ·
- Support and drive warehouse 5S and EH&S.
- Participate warehouse projects to set up, expand, and improve the development of warehouse infrastructure.
- Organize the layout of warehouse, improve warehouse capacity and efficiency.
- Evaluates processes, capital expenditures, makes recommendations and participates in achieving objectives while fulfilling budgetary and financial obligations for distribution center.
- Lead warehouse team to carry out department plan to meet company targets, continuously enhance working efficiency and reduce warehouse cost.
- Support Warehouse Supervisors the management of their departments.
- Maintain effective communication while coordinating with Safety, Quality, Planning, Engineering and Transportation department and logistics services provider to achieve company objectives.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance, and programs for DC operating equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
This job might be for you if: ·
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field or commensurate experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years' warehouse/logistics management experience in Logistics/Industrial field.
- Familiar with warehouse management systems (prefer SAP and/or Manhattan)
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, decision-making and relationship building skills.
- Flexibility to respond to shifting priorities and ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Knowledge of or experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills including strong conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to envision team improvements and rally the team to achieve them
- Positive, enthusiastic, team player, champion for the business and our customers.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point. Physical Demands:
- Position may require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.