Systems Application Engineer II
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible providing software support for Integrated Security Systems. This includes performing scheduled software maintenance, software troubleshooting, performing system backups, applying patches as well as suggesting and performing system improvements, modifications, etc. to current customers to ensure the end-user has an operational and dependable system. As with Service Specialists, this Engineer is to ensure all system issues are addressed on time and to the customer's satisfaction . This Engineer will also be expected to be able to assist with software support for installations, startup, checkout, and commissioning of Integrated Security Systems. In addition, this position is responsible for providing direct customer support in the form of technical support and training.
This position is a full time onsite coverage position for an end user.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software issues on installed Integrated Security Systems
- Diagnose communication problems with control devices and other components
- Perform software preventative maintenance on installed Integrated Security Systems . This includes implementing software patches and updating antivirus solutions
- Create, load, test, and tune system databases
- Codes software using multiple languages in multiple environments as appropriate
- Adheres to high quality coding and testing practices
- Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
- Assists with commissioning and startup of new Integrated Security Systems to ensure proper operation
- Streamline and develop software code, graphics and drivers for graphic front end, human machine interface, page development
- Provide on-site training to customer
- Provides emergency and warranty service as required
- Create and maintain software documentation including design, structure, code, and compiling processes
- Create and maintain test records and site configuration information
- Conform to project site safety and housekeeping requirements
- Develop and enforce software standards and processes
- Provide technical support, including high-level troubleshooting on project sites, to other team members
- May be asked to provide technical support to sales engineers and assist in development of new business opportunities
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Understanding of Integrated Security Systems or electronic control systems including the following
o Access Control
o Video Surveillance Systems (Analog, Digital, Network)
o Video Analytics
o Intrusion Detections Systems
o Intercom Systems
o Perimeter Security
· I ndustry product knowledge with the following prefered
o Qognify Products including Situator and Nicevision Video
o AMAG Access Control
o Commend Intercom
· Basic understanding of network infrastructure and network communication systems
· IT Skills for troubleshooting, service, installation and programming of servers as well as workstations.
· Database knowledge (SQL preferred) in order to program and troubleshoot issues.
· Basic programming code methodology knowledge (Basic, C++, HTML, etc.)
· Experience with Internet and Web-Server applications is also preferred.
· Understanding of mechanical and electrical drawings and symbols
· Ability to analyze system drawings and schematics
· Excellent knowledge of service procedures
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong experience in software documentation processes.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to the ability to relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others
· Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
· Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is mostly sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However while on job sites individuals may have to move over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc. Also, t ransporting of items such as system equipment and installation materials may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holidays and on weekends.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.