HVAC System Application Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is typically held by someone who is new to the industry and/or recent college graduate. The individuals experience may be limited as is their exposure to our specific business. This position is responsible for providing high quality engineering designs per specifications, standards, budgets, schedules and/or providing central software support for critical HVAC systems. This includes participating on a team to design, install and service building automation control and facility management systems. The position will work under direct supervision of a Project or Engineering Manager. Work site for this position is located on MIT campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
· Review specifications, drawings and estimates
· Request and deliver material as required
· Resolve design issues through RFI's, field surveys and document materials tracking
· Troubleshoot and repair customer systems
· Coordinate activities of subcontractors when necessary
· Perform in field startup and checkout using standard startup and checkout documentation and processes
· Assist with project closeout by providing final record drawings
· Graphic front end, human machine interface and page development
· Design Software code or hardware submittals at a basic level or at an intermediate level with mentor support
· Maintain and adhere to standards for estimating and budgeting software or hardware designs
· Provide on-site training to customers as needed
· Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
· Perform warranty work
· Complete documentation for assigned tasks
· Other duties may be assigned
- Demonstrated ability to engineer small to medium projects
- Excellent understanding of HVAC or other building or electronic control systems.
- Proficient in software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
- Intermediate-level knowledge in application programming languages.
- Knowledge of computer network architecture.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of product and outside vendor hardware.
- Advanced knowledge of service procedures and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and improve customer relationships through consistent delivery of highest level of customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to relate technical terminology to customers, listen effectively, persuade and influence decision-makers and solicit input from others.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
-Four-year (4) degree in a related technical field or equivalent related work experience preferred
-Minimum of 1-year industry experience preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holiday, or on weekends. Some overnight travel may be required.