Application Design Engineer
About the Job
Application Design Engineer
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for YOU to join the team as a Application Design Engineer.
Take technical ownership of orders for Schneider Electric Primary equipment from Contract Engineers via the Senior Application Design Engineer / ETO Engineering Manager. Ensure effective delivery of all technical aspects of orders, within allocated timescales, from receiving order to final customer satisfaction.
- Preparation of schematic drawings, GA's and bus wiring drawings for allocated contracts
- Assess technical aspects of Contracts, advising PE's of anomalies and long lead time / non standard parts
- Assist PE in answering technical queries from customer, liaising directly with the customer when required
- Assisting colleagues within the Engineering Dept to check and approve drawing submissions
- Preparation of contract specific relay programs where necessary. Advise test department and assist if necessary
- Report all issues and problems to the SADE and / or ETO Engineering Manager to ensure all are dealt with to the satisfaction of all concerned
- HNC / HND
- Strong experience in a Switchgear environment
- Strong communication skills
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.