HR Business Partner - 12 months FTC
About the Job
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment : https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Works with business leaders to identify current and future needs, assists with driving the people plans to ensure the business is able to achieve its goals. Provides a service that combines tactial and an element of strategic support to deliver best practice, commercially focused HR solutions in conjunction with HR Services and HR Solutions Teams, and proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes to the part of the business they support.
· Drives the deployment of a full range of services for internal customers;
o Effective achievement of people goals and resolution of issues.
· Contribute to the deployment of business strategy;
o A people plan exists within the business plan, and people implications are effectively considered and acted upon.
· Manage change management and HR related projects (cross-functionally if applicable), aligned to the business strategy and ensure effective stakeholder communications;
o Effective delivery of change management and project outcomes
o Delivery of business KPIs.
· Deploy strategic workforce requirements, and support in deploying a business-driven strategy;
o People issues/risks and opportunities are spotted and resolved before becoming critical business issues.
· Drive and facilitate a high performance culture to improve organisational and people capability. Managers receive appropriate coaching/training so they are equipped with the appropriate knowledge and tools to manage their people e.g. performance management, absence management, career management;
o Performance management tools are effectively utilised i.e. Performance Review, Competency Review, Career Development Discussion, Talent Review, Employee recognition, 121 meetings.
· Assess Talent in relation to business needs, including needs for specific competencies, knowledge, skills and experience. Ensure Individual Development Plans (IDPs) are in place within the business and progress is regularly reviewed. Identify opportunities to promote cross business talent moves to support global talent management & retention;
o 3E Development plan in place for all identified talent,
o Talent Review data is used to drive cross business mobility and ensure strong succession plans are in place to backfill key roles when required,
o Solutions identified for business level learning and development priorities.
· Identify key employee engagement drivers and support the business to develop strategies to align people, processes and systems to enable meaningful job satisfaction and retention of employees. Drive the OneVoice survey. Ensure awareness of the survey is communicated and actions are driven through by Managers and HR;
o Improved Employee Engagement results,
o Key Talent retention.
· Champion cultural change to improve service delivery and engage people in recognizing the need for change. Drive the embedding of the People Vision (Core Values & Leadership Expectations). Influence and challenge leaders on their personal style and the development/delivery of their people plans;
o Core Values and Leadership Expectations embedded and visible in manager and employee behaviors.
o Promotion decisions are based on effective behaviors as well as technical/managerial ability.
o Improved Employee Engagement results.
· Drive consistency in the deployment of HR policies and procedures to ensure employees receive fair and reasonable treatment. Provide input to support future development of HR policy;
o Effective advice/guidance is provided to manage case work.
o Case learnings and best practice are shared within the wider HR community.
· Engage with and develop positive relationships with colleagues in HR Services nd HR Solutions. Proactively seek customer feedback on HR service levels to drive continuous improvement;
o Targeted HR Employee Engagement scores achieved.
o Feedback is shared with relevant HR partners for continuous improvement actions to be put in place.
Education / Experience:
· Engineering Degree aligned function - HR, Business administration .
· Holds a qualified Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
· Customer understanding: 5 years' experience in HR background leading to good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma, customer vocabulary, pain-points, expectations and deliverables
Knowledge & Skills required:
Business Acumen, Financial Awareness, Relationship Building, Coaching, Project Management, Change Management, Facilitation tools & techniques, Presentation, Training, Influencing, Analysis and Problem Solving, UK Employment Law
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .