About the Job
• The Packaging Engineer plans and leads activities concerning with cost effective design and development of protective packaging for UPS products, ranging from retail to rack products.
• The position reports to the Mechanical Qualifications Team Leader and interfaces with other worldwide Packaging Engineers, Logisitic Manager, Supply Chain Manager, DC / Warehouse incharge, Purchasing buyers, Design Engineers, New Product Development Engineers, Manufacturing / Operation Engineers, Platfrom Engineers, Supplier / Quality Engineer and with suppliers.
• Candidate must possess a College Degree in Engineering major in Mechanical, Material Science or equivalent.
• With at least 5 years experience in a related function gained from a manufacturing environment or R & D.
• With work experience in packaging design with knowledge in rigid, flexible, foldable corrugated cartons, pallets, foams, molded paper pulp cushions and other form of packaging.
• Possess relevant background on wood, plastic, foams, and paper based products.
• Proficiency with various engineering softwares (i.e. solidworks, autocad, coreldraw, etc.)
• Strong communication, project management and problem solving skills.
• Excellent analytical skills to identify improvement areas and make proper recommendations.
• Applicants must be willing to work in Cavite.