BI Tableau Expert
About the Job
The "Field Service Control Tower" is the entity delivering to the several levels of FS management robust and accurate information and analysis to raise any warning or actions plans.
The "Field Service Control Tower" is delivering reports through various media: excel, reports & dashboard (SalesForce.com), Tableau, BI (Tableau)
Due to ensure the Service related metrics are exposed in the way that multiple roles within the GFS organization and in different dimensions and view.
Mission 1, design and build solution:
- Develop Standard Reports and Dashboards within core Schneider (and business unit specific) reporting systems (especially Tableau), ensuring alignment with generally accepted IT and Business Intelligence standards.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in Tableau as the expectation is that the Tableau Expert is strongly supporting in identifying the best options and features and to "tickle" the system in an optimized way.
- Assist in the design of future systems and modification of existing ones to ensure inclusion of all business specifications, and minimal disruption of critical reports, and dashboards.
- Assist analysts in translation of business requirements and business process, into functional system design requirements to facilitate various platform enhancements.
- Support Training and Ad-hoc front line support for reporting and dashboards.
- Drive/Support the data validation process (e.g. bFO vs BI) by using "Alteryx"
- Document projects to ensure clear technical understanding, especially in respect of maintenance and evolution.
Mission 2, solution continuous improvement:
- Request and define internal system features and functions to enable automated data extraction, data compilation and formatting to support reporting and analysis.
- Manage data modeling and mapping, data quality analysis and cleansing to support our maturing data warehouse program.
- Develop data retrieval, transformation, data warehouse architecture, and documentation of metadata and ETL processes.
- Analyze source data for data quality issues and provide solutions via ETL procedures or other data cleansing strategies.
- Identify areas for process improvement, and drive change after validation from the Control Tower Leader.
- IPO, BI design team (incl. all Network related to IPO)
- Analyst and Dashboard Expert, GFS Control Tower Team
- Experience of 2 years minimum of Tableau is highly required.
- Experience in Alteryx is a plus
- Must have the ability to effectively interface with the internal team as well as all cross functional teams relevant to data reporting (Business Intelligence, Project Team, Analysis).
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Technology savvy with the ability to learn new applications and concepts
- Prior experience with SQL, Business Intelligence Tools or other relational database applications
Desired but not essential:
- Good Network within the BI organization
- Must be highly structured and organized and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to learn new tools, software and processes
- Understand main flows in SE platforms, flows and process (SAP, Oracle, …) for leveraging source data and propose best solution leveraging sources
- Be able to detect discrepancies in process within the sources and propose alignments
- Must be able to take direction, listen to needs of business managers, and interpret their needs to technical instructions
- Must be able to provide documentation and feedback on project request and communicate clearly any problems or obstacles
- Should be able to handle multiple projects at one time
- Candidate will be assigned a specific business manager to support and will need to learn the basic business drivers of their area.
- Understanding of Service process such as work order flow, Time Sheets, dependencies of metrics is helpful
- the on-boarding will encompass review of FS process, introduction to countries network, introduction to solution team, refresh / update on tableau as a software and as a solution brick in SE context.
- Occasionally joining Workshops (global)
- Assumption: 1 - 2 times per year
- Direct reporting to the KPI factory manager
- Functionally to the Control Tower leader