Senior Software Developer in Test - IoT Platforms
About the Job
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
As a Software Engineer on our EcoStruxure Technology Platform team, you will be responsible for contributing to the Automation framework used in testing various services of our platform. This will require collaboration with your team members to understand areas of improvement for the framework and to develop a big picture view of how those improvements in the Automation framework benefit the other platform teams. This will include giving guidance to other teams on best coding practices and good automation strategies.
• Design, develop, and expand on our test automation framework and research emerging automation technologies.
• Experience setting up test environments and infrastructure for enterprise-level systems.
• Experience writing test automation for components in an enterprise-level system including utilizing test tools and frameworks for RESTful API testing, simulators, and contributing ideas for enhancing logging and analytics to provide better traceability for test failures.
• Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
• Collaborate well both within the team and among other teams who use the automation framework we develop.
• Contribute to the design and development of automation frameworks and testing processes.
• Experience with the Microsoft development tool suite (Visual Studio IDE, Azure DevOps/VSTS, Azure Portal).
• Strong coding fundamentals (data-structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.) as well as specific experience in C#.
• Proven ability to utilize SCM and CI tools.
• Solid communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as experience working in dynamic and collaborative work environments
• At least 2 years of automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks.
• Familiarity with continuous integration systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience
• Experience working in a Scrum/Agile, SAFe environment, preferred but not required.
• Experience with (or interest in) working on a framework/tools team, preferred but not required.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.