About the Job
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as a Sr Buyer/Planner in our Lexington, KY location.
What do you get to do in this position?
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the operational relations with suppliers within the strategy defined through cross-functional team collaboration and with respect of existing contracts. You will take part in the negotiation process regarding price level, and / or quantity, quality, and logistics. You will also track and report key elements/data on supplier performance.
· Ensure the delivery and quality performance of the external and internal supply base by proactively monitoring and reviewing performance with suppliers monthly, and leading corrective actions and continuous improvement projects.
· Analyze upstream and downstream forecast and work cross-functionally with the planning, production and commodity strategy teams and supply base to identify and resolve gaps to ultimately improve forecast accuracy and planning efficiency.
· Determine and utilize the most economical sources of supply consistent with quality and customer service standards. Track and minimize increases in procurement costs such as market trends, change of supplier, new part setups, lot sizes, and lead times. Lead local negotiations with the supply base.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate appropriate methods for optimizing inventory levels using kanban, consignment, quick-ship programs, VMI, and lot size methodologies.
· Monitor inventory data in plant and/or distribution centers to analyze unhealthy stock, inventory days, safety stock levels, and lot sizes, to optimize inventory levels and drive best planning practices.
· Generate, track and close orders ensuring appropriate specifications and requirements are clearly outlined and maintained. Assist with invoice resolution including price or quantity discrepancy.
· Propose and support implementation of cost reduction objectives and commodity strategies (quality value engineering, rebalancing, change of supplier). Initiate and lead PPEP through completion with project team and lead procurement activities surrounding ramp-up/ramp-down, qualification, purchasing strategy, and supplier development.
· Assist or lead in driving continuous improvement in accordance to Schneider Performance System (SPS), ISO standards, and plant and organizational metrics.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or Operations is highly desired but will consider Business Administration, Materials Management, Engineering or related degree.
- 3+ years' experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain is preferred.
- SAP experience is a plus; not required.
- Strong drive and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills are a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience performing cost analysis, considering TCO.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with various departments, suppliers, and levels of personnel
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.