Schneider Electric Houston, TX
About the Job
Summer Internship: Proposal Application Engineer
- Schneider Electric is a French multinational corporation specializing in energy management, automation solutions, spanning hardware, software, and services. We are a Fortune Global 500 company and part of the Euro Stoxx 50 index with a market cap of approximately $40 billion and revenues exceeding $25 billion. We create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries worldwide. Our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Be a part of the team to deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: Life Is On
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Business Unit Mission
- Provide quality proposals outlining Process Automation equipment to customers within the oil & gas industry.
- Products include Distributed Control Systems, Safety Systems, Continuous Automation Control, Cyber Security, and Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT)
- Summer Internship as a Proposals Application Engineer within the technical sales organization responsible for a multimillion-dollar annual sales target
- Comprehensive immersion program that allows you to shadow several different functions including Proposals, Sales, Engineering, and Marketing
- Internship assignment designed to provide significant impact to the team to be presented at the end of the summer program
- Work alongside Client Support Executives and Technical Sales Consultants within the Pre-sales organization in a technical role
- Conduct cost and margin analysis and reconcile it with market-level pricing
- Author and develop technical and commercial proposals for O&G Process Automation and Safety System projects
- Pursuing an engineering undergraduate degree ( E lectrical E ngineering preferred)
- Commercially-focused. Understands basic business principles
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office, high adoption rate of technology
- Ability to work in a highly diversified, intercultural workplace
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Quick response time via email, phone, and text . Ability to work remote
- Exceptional intrapersonal skills when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.