Principal Product Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Take your experience in architecting, designing or implementing End Point Protection and certificate based security solutions and help us define cost effective features and requirements for industrial automation current and future products. For new system products, you will become a primary driver in continuing to implement our strategy for achieving IEC62443 system level certification as well as ISA Secure solutions. Strategies could include TPM hardware or software based secure certificate management for our embedded products. Also you will participate on standards committees, such as the OPAF (Open Process Automation Forum) security sub-committee.
For end point protection, working with our current vendor partners such as McAfee and Symantec or new partners you identify, you will define on-going solutions to protect our workstations, servers and virtual servers. You will take us from the current signature based security model to heuristic AI solutions to provide the critical infrastructures we control with a minimum vulnerability footprint. Because of the close connection between security ad edge platforms, you will also be responsible for defining workstation and server and virtual machine solutions utilizing partner hardware to meet our end user performance and security requirements.
Responsibilities of the position include:
· Converting high level product epics, provided by the Product Marketing team, into a Market Requirements document detailing the specific requirements for the products being developed
· Evaluation of potential solutions with a recommendation based upon QCDI (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Innovation)
· Working with the Execution team identify development sprint deliverables to optimize the development plan
· Accept sprint deliverables by insuring the acceptance criteria is met for delivered functionality
· External stakeholder (internal and external customers) evaluation of product definition
· Creation of detailed acceptance criteria with documented feature demonstration requirements to insure you get what you requested
· Customer presentations and demonstrations of pre-released products during hosted beta sessions.
· Evaluation and management of pre-release sales requests
· Generation of product introduction videos
· Evaluation of customer Product Enhancement Requests for future inclusion into our product line
This job might be for you if:
· Minimum Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline.
Technical Experience and Knowledge Required:
· A demonstrable track record of success in a Development of Product Marketing role, where product development is driven by market, end user or OEM requirements
· The ability to work together with Product Marketing and Development teams to define a program vision and roadmap for our future products, thinking laterally
and understanding how technologies in other industries can be adapted and applied to the development of new products
· Previous process automation system with application knowledge within Client organizations could be helpful
Performance Skills Required:
· Embedded I/O Systems experience
· Ability to think strategically and promote a product vision
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with remote and virtual teams
· Execution skills: the ability to generate collaborative effort to deliver company goals and projects on time and within budget
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail: planning, monitoring and control
· Analytical skills and solution focus, judgment, decisiveness and initiative
To assist in successfully executing your programs, you should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.