About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
We are looking for an Office Manager to join our team! This person will organize and coordinate the general operations of our office to ensure compliance of building policies, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
Energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people!
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Responsible for organizing, developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Responsible for promoting activities that enhance operational procedures
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary. Oversee adherence to policies and procedues.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Coordinate office staff schedule and workload to ensure maximum efficiency
- Allocate tasks and assignments to subordinates and monitor their performance
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
- Proven office management experience, 3+ years preferred
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Detail oriented and diligent to manage multiple tasks, priorities and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work at all levels of the organization is essential
- Service oriented and operational discipline
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proficient in MS Office and tech savvy
- General knowledge of administrative procedures, HR practices and management principals.
- Key skills: communication, judgement, problem solving, decision making, organization, time management, accuracy, delegation, coaching, initiative, integrity, adaptability, teamwork mindset
- Education: Associates Degree preferred
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.