Environment Health & Safety Intern - Summer 2019
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Safety, Environment and Sustainability intern? This intern will interface with the manufacturing team to impact Schneider Electric's environmental footprint and safety initiatives in a positive way.
What would some of your responsibilities include?
- Students will be working in a collaborative and cross-functional team
- Evaluating, quantifying and comparing carbon footprint of various aspects of our manufacturing and waste management processes
- Supporting the continuous improvement of environment and safety-related processes and procedures
- Organizing our chemical inventories and communicating our hazard communication standards to our population
- Participation in other environment and safety programs as required including but not limited to ergonomics, hazardous waste management, lockout/tagout, boiler room operations, and powered industrial truck safety.
Do you have these key experiences and qualifications?
- Pursuing a degree in engineering, environmental science or other science related major
- Sophomore or higher in University
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Interested in becoming an environmental, sustainability and safety professional
- Local candidates encouraged to apply
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.