Software Designer (Embedded)
About the Job
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
S c hneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric .
G r eat people make Schneider Electric a great company.
W hat do you get to do in this position?
As Aa software designer and part of the software development team at Schneider Electric in Montreal the candidate is responsible for all aspects of the software
development. Using the principles of software engineering, agile methodologies and cyber security, he/she designs, develops, tests and documents software according to the product management specifications.
Working closely with the software designers, software architects, hardware designer, verification & validation specialists and technical writers, the duties will consist but not limited to the following:
- Understand and clarify product requirements;
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders;
- Design, develop, test and maintain software;
- Design, develop and maintain automated unit tests;
- Review design, code and test;
- Document the design, implementation and test results;
- Improve and maintain continuous integration tools infrastructure;
- Produce high quality and highly secure software (static analysis, dynamic analysis) according to specifications;
- Maintain continuous integration tools infrastructure;
- Analyze, plan and estimate efforts then commit and deliver accordingly;
T his job might be for you if you are/have:
- Graduated in computer science, software engineering or equivalent (ex: EE);
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role;
- Solid experience in Embedded or Real-time Development on Linux platform (kernel and user space);
- Solid experience in Embedded Software Development in C and some C++;
- Solid experience with GCC tools chain as well as IAR or Keil tools;
- Solid scripting skills in Python;
- Experience with product and solution cyber security (HW/SW);
- Experience in unit testing with unit test frameworks;
- Experience in continuous integration;
- Experience in Application Development mixing multiple languages;
- Experience in Multi-Threaded/Multi-Process applications and distributed solutions;
- Knowledge of IP networking and network topologies (ex: mesh, star, p2p);
- Solid analytical skills using standard methodologies (ex: Six Sigma);
- Experience with communication protocols and web services;
- Experience in debugging software and hardware as well as complex wired/wireless solutions;
- Comfortable using lab tools such as (Scope, Multimeter, Digital analyzers…) for testing and analysis;
- Good knowledge of Linux build systems (Yocto or Buildroot or OpenWRT);
- Bilingual (French / English);
- Leadership and ownership;
- Proactive and independent with no supervision required;
- Creative designer and problem solver;
- Results oriented, achiever with good planning and organizational skills;
- Positive attitude;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Dependable, responsible and committed to success;
- Collaborative working style, open minded and flexible team-player;
- Fast learner and comfortable working with existing code;
- Curious and passionate about software development;
- Understand business values and does no reinvent the wheel;
- Good communication skills;
Assets and nice to have:
- Comfortable with agile methodologies;
- Experience in object-oriented design using industry standard tools (UML);
- Experience in Embedded Software Development in C++/C#;
- Scripting skills in Bash and Lua;
- Experience with VMware or VirtualBox;
- Experience in HVAC and building automation;
- Good understanding of industry protocols as BACnet, Modbus, DALI/KNX… etc.
- Experience with product design from scratch to production line;
- Good knowledge and experience with GIT source control workflow;
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, Stash, Bamboo, Jenkins;
- Interest in emerging technologies;
- Deliver quality product according to the specifications on time;
- Clarify ambiguous product requirements;
- Document the design;
- Shared knowledge with others;
- Collaborate with team members;
- Timely response to urgent inquiries;
- Compensation: Base + Bonus + Insurance benefits + Company pension plan
W e seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the
status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See
what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: h ttps://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
O pen space for localized content: country or region specific information and/or business unit organization description.
L et us learn about you! Apply today.
Y o u must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
I t is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Con c ern ing agencies: S c hne ider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.