Software Development Engineer, Principal
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- She/he will design, develop, and sustain Triconex software products.
- She/he will provide high-value solutions for critical control and safety applications, in a multi-site, cross-platform development environment.
- She/he will provide solutions to technical issues, ensuring the delivered solutions meet the technical specifications and design requirements.
- She/he will perform work in all phases of software product development life-cycle, including requirements, architecture, design, implementation and verification.
- She/he will come up with innovative ideas to improve software products and the software development process.
- She/he will be responsible for meeting development schedule and cost commitments.
- She/he will provide technical support to development work performed by third-party service providers or outsource partners. 40 hours per week.
This job might be for you if:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 10-15 years of work experience in software development in Microsoft applications, including GUI and non-GUI.
- Also must have work experience with: developing GUI and non-GUI software app lications using Microsoft Visual Studio, including VS6 through VS2012;
- Performing object-oriented programming with Microsoft Foundation Library (MFC) and Microsoft .NET framework;
- Software security development; using configuration management tools, requirement traceability tools, software analysis tools, including Klockwork and QA/C, and software unit test tools;
- Writing Software Requirements Specifications and Software Design Specifications;
- Utilizing agile technology for the purpose of incremental delivery of project features and enable continuous integration, including automated unit testing for improving code quality and meet project deadlines ;
- Designing, coding, and advanced debugging using C++, C#, WinDbg, Microsoft Studio debugger; UML design and architecture schematics;
- Utilizing WPF, MVVM and MVC for proper design of desktop application with GUI;
- Multi-treading for advanced control of PLC;
- Database and query interfaces; and working with off-shoring partners in India.
- This position also requires solid knowledge and experience with DTM Network technology and HART protocol, work experience with these is a must.
- The candidate has to demonstrate solid knowledge of SDL tools and enforcement of software security through solid design patterns.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.