About the Job
Sotfware Manager - Connected Living - Wiser - Montreal, Canada.
S c hneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric .
G r eat people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Software Manager is responsible of the team that develops and deliver, one or more product lines of SmartSpace. He/she ensures on time delivery of high quality product. He/she is also responsible to coach his/her team and to keep it highly motivated. He/she reports to the R&D Director, and he/she will have to manage Software Designers (Embedded, Front-end, Back-end), V&V Designers.
Working closely with his team, CTO, Hardware Managers, Project Manager, Scrum Master, Continuous Engineering Manager, Solution Team, Technical Support Team, Quality Manager, Operations Team, and Offer Managers, he or she will:
· Create a context where customer satisfaction is key to the organization's success;
· Lead the following activities; performance reviews, compensation input, professional development, recruitment and team building;
· Grow the team individual and collective capabilities while fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration;
· Ensure timely resolution of internal as well as external customer issues and requests;
· Make sure the team understand end to end solution;
· Inspire your team towards better quality products, improved effectiveness, and predictability;
· Mentor for technologies (in collaboration with the CTO), design, communication and conflict resolution;
· Review and approve in collaboration with architects, any architecture decisions that will impact multiple teams and/or products;
· Make sure teams are addressing technical debt in their plan;
· Enforce the development infrastructure, tools and processes to ensure and continuously improve the development team's efficiency;
· Understand and communicate the business value, and be able to combine technology, and business factors when making design decisions with team;
· Manage software resources reallocation according to project needs, and to maximize revenues;
· Participate to management team activities;
· Produce reports as requested by the R&D Director.
T his job might be for you if:
· Graduate diploma in computer sciences, software engineering or equivalent;
· A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role (such as Manager/Director/Team Lead);
· More than 5 years experience in Embedded and Cloud Software Development/Validation;
· More than 5 years experience in network computing and cyber security;
· More than 5 years experience in an Agile Software Development environment;
· Experience in managing remote teams;
· Experience in interacting with customers;
· Excellent communicator;
· Good at motivating people;
· Have and promote "can do" attitude;
· Have and promote "go get it" attitude;
· Good at context switching, and working on multiple concurrent tasks;
· Able to work under pressure;
· Make sure people are having fun at work;
· Bilingual (French / English).
W e seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See
what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: h ttps://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
O pen space for localized content: country or region specific information and/or business unit organization description.
L et us learn about you! Apply today.
Y o u must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
I t is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Con c ern ing agencies: S c hne ider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.