Privacy Engineer (Analyst)
About the Job
Context Schneider Digital is the global organization within Schneider Electric (SE). Application security and compliance is a global service which helps software application owners to meet internal and external security and personal data protection requirements. We support over 4,000 software applications globally and work with the community of 5,000 professionals that have broad reach across SE and are at the forefront of innovation.
The Application security and compliance team is looking for an experienced Privacy Engineer (Analyst) to work directly with SE teams to make sure that our software applications and associated processes are privacy compliant. This role reports to the Global director, Application security and compliance and dotted line to the Group Data Protection Officer and will be working in collaboration with the application security and compliance regional managers, application owners, legal teams, as well as the engineering organizations.
Responsibilities The Privacy Engineer will work with project teams to ensure applications meet personal data protection and privacy regulatory requirements.
· Privacy advisor to engineering teams, providing deep privacy expertise on user consent, data collection requirements, data retention, anonymization and security of processing.
· Advise engineering teams on effective technical solutions for enabling privacy and data protection by design and by default capabilities.
· Perform technical privacy reviews and privacy impact assessments across our applications to meet privacy requirements.
· Translate privacy rules and policies into actionable engineering requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications · BA/BS in a technical discipline required.
· Additional legal degree/experience preferred
· Privacy certification strongly preferred
· 2+ years professional experience in a privacy-focused role on software products, a dedicated privacy function or equivalent experience
· 2+ years of software development and engineering experience
· Experiences performing privacy reviews on engineering solutions
· Cross-group collaboration skills, with experience working directly with engineering teams
· Ability to travel up to 20%, including internationally
· English fluent