Application Engineer- Graphics
About the Job
Schneider El ectric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Description: Data Center Software Solutions - Graphics Developer/Application Engineer
This position is responsible for providing various aspects of graphics development for Building Management Systems (BMS) including Continuum and StruxureWare. Primary responsibility will be developing graphics for the StruxureWare controls system. Expertise in Java Scripting, MS office is required. Knowledge of web design, Adobe Illustrator/Corel Draw, AutoCAD and PhotoShop is desired. Attention to detail and a good graphic design sense are required.
Applicant must have strong communication & customer service skills to be able to interpret customer and management desires and preferences. Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about product graphic capabilities and style options. Limited travel will be required.
Graphics Developer/Application Engineer Duties:
• Develops graphic backgrounds in Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Autodesk 3ds Max, Sketchup.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Promotes, builds, and maintains good relations with the customers, consultants and project management; keeps supervisor informed of needs and actual or potential problems.
• Provides recommendation on graphic operation and modification for efficiency, and reliability.
• Ability to read and interpret floorplan blueprints.
• Ability to analyze and develop Java script to develop innovations that solve customer graphic requests or create new graphic solutions.
• Ability to acquire, through training and on the job experience, specialized knowledge in rapidly changing technology and applications.
• Skill in use of personal computers.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Four years' experience with graphic packages and Java Scripting; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge skills and abilities have been achieved.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.