Director, Client Management
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Position Summary: Responsible for managing a book of international client business by both developing and leading a team as well as performing the duties required to satisfy the contractual commitments for the International Supply & Sustainability clients of Schneider Electric.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Serve as the executive sponsor for an assigned group of international clients.
- Manage and lead a team of International Client Managers assisting them with both the Operational Leadership and Commercial Leadership with customers.
- Facilitates communication between Client Management team and other departments within the organization as necessary.
- Perform some or all of the duties of a Client Manager, including the possibility of directly managing a customer(s)
- Complete understanding of the basic operation of the international clients including, but not limited to, the client's business operation, key contacts and their respective roles, their market risk tolerance, and their industry pressures.
- Ability to create a strategic account plan (SWOT) with your client managers to develop ways to expand and retain the entrusted business.
- Ultimate responsibility for your team's client contract renewals, additional energy management services, and negotiations of said items either thru direct interaction with your group of customers or by mentoring and training your team to fulfill this role.
- Collaborate with internal sales teams to introduce Schneider Electric's capabilities to the assigned international clients and identification of potential solutions to be offered.
- Lead, manage, complete, and delegate tasks specific to the assigned international clients to ensure each client is served with excellence and sees the value being delivered.
- Lead the assigned international clients to making cost effective decisions related to their energy costs and usage to strategically position each company, including some transactional responsibilities
- Coordinate assigned international client meetings using both your team members and internal resources when appropriate, prepare the materials for the meeting(s), and present to all levels of the client's organization.
- Ability to learn and effectively use Schneider Electric's proprietary databases designed to assist in managing the client's energy program
- Develop training programs for the development of your team members.
- Facilitating annual reviews, discussing compensation and career development of your team members.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, along with a minimum of 5 years experience in a service industry with direct customer-interface experience either in sales or client relationship, or equivalent experience.
- Existing knowledge of the energy industry and a proven track record of generating or leading energy related opportunities for an end user.
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High commitment to the company's vision and values
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Effective managing and developing a team environment.
- Available to clients and your client managers 24 hours a day.
- Energy commodity sales, risk management, and/or Demand Side Management (DSM) experience a plus MBA Advanced computer proficiency.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.