Technical Writer / Documentation Specialist – 2 years contract (f/m/d) (80-100%)
About the Job
We at Schneider Electric are involved everywhere. From transformer substations to sockets, from smart homes to industry 4.0 - we are pushing ahead with digitization. Our customers know what they have in us and our 144,000 employees in over 100 countries. Always with the big picture in mind, sustainability and our employees in mind, we offer far more than products - we offer solutions, customer proximity and innovation.
Gutor Electronic is part of Schneider Electric and leading in Industrial UPS systems in Oil & Gas and Nuclear Power Plants segments. We are producing engineered and customer specific systems according to the customer requirements. Now we are in the process to implement a new technical writing tool. We need you as Technical Author / Writer (f/m/d) to move our existing documentation to this new documentation platform and to create high quality technical documents and manuals.
Life Is On - are you too?
Your work field:
- You build up and manager our product standard documentation library.
- You develop technical product documentation (installation and operating manuals) in English language following regulatory requirements, usability aspects and user needs.
- You work closely with our sustaining and development team to ensure accuracy of product descriptions.
- You maintain the content management system, revise documentation designs and monitor new digital publishing concepts.
- You can expect exciting, innovative, future-oriented projects that make sure that you will not be bored.
- Thanks to flexible working conditions, it will be easy for you to reconcile family, leisure time and your job.
- You benefit from attractive development perspectives within the group.
- Work in truly international teams with colleagues from over 25 nations and projects worldwide.
- You completed a university degree (master or bachelor), ideally in electrical engineering, power engineering or comparable technical studies.
- You gained minimum three years of experience as Technical Writer / Technical Author, preferably in the context of power electronic products.
- You have professional knowledge in technical writing tools such like Motif, Adobe Acrobat or InDesign and in content management systems.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills: Fluency in English is a must; German language skills are a plus.
- An education in project management and UPS knowledge is advantageous.
- Your feel comfortable to take initiatives, you like to work autonomously, and you are open-minded in terms of digitization? Then feel encouraged to apply!
Your next step? Apply, of course!
We are looking forward to receiving your application via our online job portal. Please upload your complete application documents and refer to Job ID 0056J1.
The contact person for this position is Isabel Blumrich.
If you have any questions on the application or the application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us:
+41 (0) 44 728 74 08 (Recruiting Service Team)
We at Schneider:
Schneider Electric stands for the future of energy management and automation - here we are experts, specialists and consultants. We are not pioneers on our own. We live innovations, not only dream of them, but also tackle them. Always keeping an eye on the customer and the next big thing in mind, we always dare to take new paths. We take risks and shape where others only react. Diversity is our strength. Each of us learns new things every day, thus helping to shape Schneider Electric's face: sustainable, efficient and with passion. We are motivated to meet the challenge of leaving the competition behind us. At Schneider we call this Life Is On.
More information about your new colleagues can be found in our German blog
http://blog.schneider-electric.de - Everything about Schneider Electric as an employer can be found here: www.schneider-electric.ch/jobs