About the Job
This position is accountable for performing specific engineering tasks related to electrical/mechanical applications, field installations, equipment modernization, providing local, regional and national business support through conceptual and detailed design of products, systems or solutions.
Electro-Mechanical Engineer Job Duties:
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops mechanical and electromechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains products and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Creates and maintains engineering records and databases.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Drives and participates in an offer creation process
- Possess leadership qualities and ability to lead Design Engineering team.
Skills/Qualifications: Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Equipment Maintenance, Conceptual Skills, Quality Focus, General Consulting Skills, Control Engineering, Production Planning, Technical Zeal, Job Knowledge
- 4-year engineering degree in ME, with 10 - 15 years of industry experience.
- The candidates must have Professional Engineer Certification
- Must have experience using AutoCAD and any be proficient with at least one of market leading 3D design software.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with low and medium voltage switchboard, switchgear and associated componentry design, installation, and use.
- Knowledge of Canadian electrical codes, IEEE/ANSI, UL and CSA LV and MV equipment related standards.
- Excellent ability to interpret and create front elevation, one-line, and be familiar with schematic drawings.
- Thorough knowledge of electro-mechanical applications with a strong practical and theoretical understanding of electrical power systems, and good aptitude for problem evaluation
• Experience working with field sales, inside sales and consulting engineers.