About the Job
This position is accountable for providing guidance and support regarding policies and programs such as recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee and / or labor relations, safety and personnel research. May assist in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
1. Provides consultation to management on issues such as the Annual Performance Plan, Affirmative Action policies and procedures, One Voice surveys, salary administration, Performance Management Process and/or employment law.
2. Guides, supports and consults with location employees regarding career advancement and employee relations issues. Identifies training needs. Plans, develops and conducts in-house training programs.
3. Assists HR Manager or Manager in developing, writing and implementing company policies and procedures.
4. Coordinates company functions and activities and assists with special projects.
5. May assist with administration and interpretation of the labor agreement. Also work with labor union and/or third party mediator to resolve issues.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources, and related field or equivalent work experience.
• Fluency in English is required.
• The successful candidate will have a passion for HR as a driver of business results, strong business acumen, the ability to identify critical business issues, and apply HR expertise to deliver solutions.
• The successful candidate will embrace ambiguity and will be a tireless advocate for professional growth.
• Candidates must have demonstrated excellence in the areas of: leadership, business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation and conflict management, and problem solving
• 5 years experience in progressively responsible HR roles at least, highly desired manufacturing environment experience.
• Strong working knowledge of general Human Resources policies, programs, methods, practices and procedures related to Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Performance Management, Talent Management, Workers Compensation, Benefits, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to the Human Resources function.