Senior Site/Service Engineer SYS
About the Job
Schneider Electric as the global specialist in energy management and automation creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. We deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. Environment, ethics, social responsibility, and community engagement are at the top of our agenda.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
At Schneider Electric, we believe that our Customers see our company through our People. We are passionate and engaged to do a great job. We value collective ambitions more than individual ones. We promote empowerment over control. We believe in intelligence, freedom, accountability, and trust.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Site Service Engineer who will be based in Sesto San Giovanni office Milan.
What will you do?
As a member of the Process Automation Service Team, working within an integrated Service Department, Field Services, Engineering Support, the Service Engineer will be responsible to proactively solve problems primarily on site in a customer environment.
Specific responsibilities include troubleshooting, rebuilding, configuration, installation, commissioning,
training, preventive maintenance and overall support of existing equipment and applications including service documentation.
- Traveling to customer sites to install, commissioning, repair or perform preventive maintenance.
- Providing remote support to customer troubleshooting DCS & Plcs problems.
- Reading and understanding Logic and Control drawings, bill of materials, electrical schematics, etc.
- Prepare detailed and accurate service call reports to ensure a complete history of service activity at customer locations.
- Conduct failure analysis and monitor customer complaints to ensure that the customer receives satisfactory solutions.
- Flexibility to work overtime and ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned, including creation or proof/edit of service procedures and other documentation.
- Available for on-call rotation and other system "call-outs" as required
What will help you to be successful?
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others,
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues,
- Change Management - Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to
- addressing problems and opportunities,
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals,
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties,
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations,
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions,
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word,
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely,
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/
- skill areas,
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
What do we offer?
- Exciting job in an international company, with opportunities to lead and contribute to different projects & actions.
- Wide choice of benefits
- Special training tailored to your needs and career goals.
- Opportunity to develop based on clear career paths, to grow through experience and exposure.
- Possibility to collaborate with cross-region teams.
- Do you want to get to know us better? Follow us on Facebook!