Cyber Security Tendering Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric as the global specialist in energy management and automation creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. We deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. Environment, ethics, social responsibility, and community engagement are at the top of our agenda.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company
At Schneider Electric, we believe that our Customers see our company through our People. We are passionate and engaged to do a great job. We value collective ambitions more than individual ones. We promote empowerment over control. We believe in intelligence, freedom, accountability, and trust.
Currently we are looking for an Cybersecurity Tender Engineer.
Interfacing with major national and international customers, you will be working within Schneider Electric responsible for the proposal and tender of, often, complex high value engineering projects.
An experienced engineer with good commercial project management skills, you will need to understand, interpret and respond to complex technical specifications & documentation.
You will liaise closely with internal stakeholders (Delivery, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal, etc.) in order to present design concepts, and front the internal review/approval process.
You will co-ordinate all aspects of the bid preparation process.
What will you do?
The main duties of the Tendering Engineer will be:
- To work within Schneider Electric and with the Company Management Team to develop an order winning strategy.
- To manage the preparation of proposals for a range of bespoke products by coordinating the bidding activities with all involved teams.
- To review and manage the customers enquiry process into a costed workable solution.
- To submit a detailed response to the enquiry documentation and provide answers/responses to any subsequent requests for clarification (respond to customer questions & requests in a timely and efficient manner).
- To develop optimized costing as part of the quotation process.
- To act as the company's internal contact point for the customer during the enquiry and bidding processes (external contact is Sales by nature),
- To develop, negotiate and agree/confirm contract specifications with a variety of external groups, including contractors, end-users and OEM companies,
- To keep a prioritized listing of outstanding tasks and when completed, filing the quote and cost file in the appropriate network location,
- To work with the External Sales Managers or customer prospect to ascertain the enquiry information necessary to produce sales proposals including technical product selection, quotation document and costing through costing templates and technical specifications,
- To offer 'office based' commercial/sales support for our External Sales Managers,
- To support the development of the cost, customers and supplier databases, pricelists and libraries,
- To assist other teams in the corporate of case studies, press releases & marketing material as required,
- To carry out regular proposal follow ups using/updating and maintaining the CRM and sales programs,
- To interpret and cost solutions and supporting information relevant to new Projects,
- To clarify subsequent purchase order receipt and to prepare detailed order handover documentation in a timely manner for Delivery to execute the contract.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar project role ,
- Travel availability to customers sites (up to 50).
- Secure TCP/IP Networks design & implementation:
- Firewalls configuration (brands: Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Hirschmann),
- TCP/IP network protocols,
- Active Directory administration,
- Hyper-V Virtualization implementation,
- One of the following certifications:
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP),
- Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM),
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),
- SA/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Expert.
- Bachelor of Science or above, possibly in IT field.
- A passion for learning and playing with new technologies;
- Writing skills to communicate information effectively to customers, Project Managers, and technical peers;
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate customer priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders;
- Languages: Italian + Excellent English both written and spoken.
- Microsoft Professional certifications on Active Directory, Windows Server and Hyper-V;
- End-point management solutions (McAfee, Symantec) product and architecture knowledge;
- Disaster Recovery products & architecture knowledge;
- Windows Update Services implementation.
What do we offer?
- Exciting job in an international company, with opportunities to lead and contribute to different projects & actions.
- Wide choice of benefits
- Special training tailored to your needs and career goals.
- Opportunity to develop based on clear career paths, to grow through experience and exposure.
- Possibility to collaborate with cross-region teams.
- Do you want to get to know us better? Follow us on Facebook!