System Technician II
About the Job
Technician II Job Description
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Level II BAS Technician is a highly skilled and highly trained technician and is responsible for tasks associated to the installation, controls programming, and subsequent maintenance of HVAC control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. They must have the ability to manage small HVAC systems. The Level II BAS Technician will interface directly with the customer and must have good technical, leadership and customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Establish and maintain customer relationships based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationships are created by providing value added services.
· Maintain relationships with customers by providing support, information and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities for service improvements
· Resolve product and service problems by researching the situation; identifying alternate means of filling customer needs by recommending solutions
· Actively promote the value of full service agreements with Schneider.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
· Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for all purchases of parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies above those outlined in the approved materials list or job cost records.
· Perform a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified; determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
· Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
· Responsible for keeping the project manager aware of the status of the job's performance and needs on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
· Review job files including all pertinent data such as job layout drawings, specifications and other technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
· Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs and document and report any material discrepancies as required.
· Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies that are released to technician's custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
· Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule, personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
· Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, redlines, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
· Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for overtime.
· Complete all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks, as required.
· Consistently solves technical challenges as they arise, functioning as a "trouble-shooter" for problem areas and resolves potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the Company
· Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Must possess a complete understanding of HVAC systems and controls programming via: OJT, online training and/or individual research.
· Successfully completed configuration course for Schneider Electric Continuum or Struxtureware a plus.
· Able to complete most service calls with little phone technician support from other technicians or manufacturers.
· Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
· Computer literate including Outlook and the Internet · Ability to travel as required · Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
· Comfortable with taking direction from others
· Must be reliable and punctual
· Must be able to follow procedures
· Must have excellent communication skills with co-workers, supervisors and customers
· Must be in full compliance with company and customer's safety programs
· Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
· Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
· Ability to adhere to workplace rules
· Ability to interact appropriately with the public
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of one year of experience as a BAS Technician
· Where required, must possess or have the ability to obtain appropriate manufacturer and state certifications
Must comply with Schneider OSHA certification requirements