About the Job
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for YOU to join the Equipment & Transformers business as a Industrial Engineer reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager
Support the Industrial Performance Manager on a day to day basis and lead the implementation of improvement projects to ensure the company's products are produced at the required quality levels and as efficiently as possible in line with Schneider Production Systems (SPS) philosophy, also assisting with the day-to-day function of the Production Engineering department.
- Contribute to the development of new products (manufacturability, feasibility) Pilots new productions ramp-up in her/his sector. Propose the organisation to implement new project (or increase / decrease volume of production) to optimise DVC & MBC costs
- Continual analysis and improvement of assembly and manufacturing techniques through bench-marking, eliminating waste, eliminating any potential customer product quality issues and to meet the recommendations of any Health and Safety / Environmental / Energy risk assessments & impacts. To include developing layouts/project plans, procurement and/or design of tooling/jigs/ fixtures, the sourcing of cost effective external services and to lead the implementation of any such projects.
- Conduct Work Measurement/Method Studies against new and existing tasks to establish time estimates, measure operator performance and ensure that the most effective Manufacturing and Assembly techniques. Identification of the lost times and deduce unidentified times to be reduced.
- Write operator work instructions: JBS (Job breakdown sheet) and OWS (Operating Work Standard), including level 1 and 2 maintenance
- Develop significant Capex proposals and successfully project manage the implementation for any projects/plant/ tooling, etc., which may be required to improve the efficiency, or reduce the costs of manufacture/assembly processes ensuring that health and safety regulations are accounted for.
- Support/facilitate a number of Kaizen improvement and provide advise, components/parts, external information, PC training, financial assistance /justifications and presentation packages to ensure the groups operate as effectively as possible.
- Ensure the implementation of SPS principles and developing methods and tools 6 Sigma, Lean Mfg, MPH
- In coordination with quality and engineering team, lead PFMEA and the implementation of poka yoke and Jidoka
- Manage continuous improvement for line architectures, internal & external resources
- Project manages significant cost reduction /process improvement projects leading a cross functional team against the business objectives.
- SAP, Autocad, Access database experience
- HND in Engineering / Equivalent
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing, Stores experience
- Good IT skills (macro, Access, VBA)
- Leadership skills, proactive, and able to achieve targets, enthusiastic, high motivation
- Strong communications skills
- Previous Industrial Engineering experience within a team or in a similar role
- Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Production experience
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.