Sales Support Engineer - Electrical/Mechanical
About the Job
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The primary responsibilities of this position is to handle all transactional sales for E&P Services in the local area from start to finish. The individual will provide quotation support to the services team in a given geography, will provide sales support for the implementation of our Customer Relationship Management tool, and will have basic account responsibility.
This position is accountable for knowing and selling the company's service offerings, basic products, and understanding our pricing processes utilizing industry knowledge. The individual will develop knowledge of local market conditions, market segment strategies, customers, and sales plans for the accounts in their assigned area. The
The individual in this position will:
- Utilize commercial and technical knowledge to assist with the preparation of services quotations in support of services sales efforts in a local area.
- Must possess the ability to interpret customer requirements/scope, match products to customer specifications/drawings and ensures that the quote is technically compatible by communicating with the Services Sales Engineer, the services operations team, and matrix sales team members.
- Develop and maintain a quotation follow up database and follow up on jobs with our customers, field sales, and channel partners.
- Be the local area expert on our order conversion and order handoff process and procedures and the individual will serve as the primary interaction with our sales operations team for their assigned area.
- May attend sales calls, pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs for potential projects.
- Negotiate with sub-contractors to strengthen chances of project award.
- Consult with Operations, Engineering and Sales groups throughout the bid process.
- Attends various meetings throughout project, including order hand-off and design review.
The successful candidate will provide data entry support for service sales engineers as part of the Global roll out of Bridge Front Office.
- Will be accountable, along with the SSE, for ensuring all opportunities are entered into the tool. Will be responsible for creation and tracking of custom reports as directed by the services area sales manager.
- Will be responsible for communicating and coordinating efforts between sales and operations for larger opportunities and must understand and follow our escalation review policy.
- Will be responsible for planning coordination between our Channel Partner's and National Sales Team.
- Must work closely with the Sales and Operations personnel in a team atmosphere to accomplish their sales objectives and strategic goals.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Preferred candidate will have knowledge of electrical distribution products. Experience with our quotation tools, customer relationship tools, and ERP system.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with good time management, verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively utilize company software programs/collaborative tools and can manage several tasks simultaneously. Inside sales experience a must and/or outside sales experience.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.