Project Manager Water Wastewater
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Project Manager Water / Wastewater
The Project Manager is responsible for achieving the project's objectives. S/he works closely with the Project Sales Lead, Project Sponsor, and Project Team to define the project objectives and create and execute a plan for achieving those objectives. The Project Manager has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational environments in which the project deliverables are created and in which they will be used. The Project Manager must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities, and can adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically disbursed project environment. The Project Manager is responsible for maintaining client satisfaction and project success.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Manage the client relationship and ensure client satisfaction
- Estimate, negotiate and procure subcontractor services
- Manage scope, schedule, resources, and budget commitments
- Prepare forecasting and financial data for business unit review
- Schedule and conduct all project meetings
- Manage the change order, risk, and issues logs
- Train, mentor, and evaluate internal project personnel
- Coordinate internal and external teams to execute the scope of work
- In cooperation with site management, be responsible for project site safety
This job might be for you if you have:
- Four-year degree / technical degree and/or relative water / wastewater construction management experience
- Strong understanding of water / wastewater plant operations
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and project management / organization skills required
- Excellent time management and organization skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, MS Project, Word and Excel preferred
- Financial acumen and understanding preferred
- Passionate about customer service and team success required
- Leadership skills: team building, empower and delegate authority, ability to build rapport and consensus required
- Thorough understanding of contract procedures and tactics preferred
- Advanced knowledge of contract law, codes, standards, and industry construction knowledge preferred
- Ability to travel greater than 75%. Normal work schedule is Mon-Thurs/Fri depending on project requirements. Special project circumstances may require additional working hours on weekends; however, this is typically scheduled in advance.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.