Senior Proposal Specialist (ID)
About the Job
(Senior) Proposal Specialist
Proposal Specialist will be responsible to prepare most competitive Technical and Commercial Proposals in compliance with the Client's requirement / technical specifications.
Proposal Specialist must aggressively follow-up with supply chain/subcontractors/vendors to ensure that quotations are received.
Proposal Specialist also works with the Project Management teams to ensure that required management approval for bids and budgets to close the business deals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Proposal Specialist will ensure accurate estimates of the total cost of allocated projects are completed on time, and in accordance with required company procedure & standards.
- Prepare technical proposal & cost estimation for tender projects.
- Estimate project quantities and costs in the preparation of major tenders in a timely and cost effective basis.
- Review estimate inputs from functional department and supervise the preparation of cost reports and price forms.
- Monitors current competitive prices, new techniques and cost trends.
- Provides technical inputs, as a team leader at project level to ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Assist the CSE or Sales Manager on technical matters & costing matters during the process of securing the contracts.
- To attend the technical meeting with clients during the tendering process.
- Able to plan, prepare, coordinate and to consolidate all estimating activities.
- Validates purchase orders against the proposed offering and transfers the proposal files to the assigned Project Manager.
- Maintains folder with detailed documentation of the proposal pricing, internal commitments and any customer communication on the proposal network site.
- Provides regular updates to Supervisor and Sales on proposal status.
- Must be able to understand and in some cases identify technical, commercial and financial risks and see that they are compensated and or neutralized.
- Strong analytical capability and attention to detail within calculations, checking and summarizing.
- Ability to interpret engineering documentation such as drawings, specifications, scope of works, etc.
- Ability to plan, to set goals and pro-actively follow-up to achieve targets and objectives
- Provide training and guardian to the junior Proposal Specialists.
- Provides feedback on tools and productivity efficiencies.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirement listed is representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required.
- Degree in Engineering from a reputed university.
- 4 to 6 years or more of related working experience in industrial process controls environment, knowledge of DCS, Safety systems, SCADA, or PLC systems, good knowledge in process automation will be considered.
- Proposal and sales or marketing experience will be considered.
- To perform job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Spreadsheet software and MS Office suite work processing software, Project Scheduler, Visio etc.
- Excellent technical reading and writing skills using the English language.
- The work environment for the proposal engineer involves multi-task several projects , tight deadlines and changing priorities. Proposal engineer periodically work extended evening and weekend hours, sometimes on short notice.