Principal Project Test Leader
About the Job
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
S c hneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric .
G r eat people make Schneider Electric a great company.
About the division:
Smart Building System (SBS) is an innovative and fast-growing Program part of Connected Buildings Line of Business and Digital Energy Division. It was created following the acquisition of Viconics and Can2Go between 2011-2013. The program has a global scope and focuses on Room Control across all building segments as well as specific solutions for Hotel and Retail segments.
W hat do you get to do in this position?
As a system test lead and part of the multidisciplinary organization at Schneider Electric in Montreal the candidate is responsible for all aspects of verification and validation at the system level of specific product lines and solutions. She/he is more specifically responsible in driving the vision for the test automation strategy (CI/CD). In this role, you will lead and mentor the team in all aspects of continuous testing, integration, automation and delivery. You will also take ownership of the current automation, growing and maintaining our automated tests and infrastructure.
Working closely with the software designers, software architects, hardware designer, verification & validation specialists and technical writers, the duties will consist but not limited to the following:
- Put in place and own the testing strategy/planning (functional, integration, performance).
- Implement and execute the test plan with the system team.
- Own, maintain and optimize the automated testing infrastructure.
- Lead the continuous integration and continuous delivery efforts.
- Lead the automation activities and deliver our product releases with the highest quality to customers.
- Be a technical lead, including responsibility for mentoring your team, designing and reviewing complex code, ensuring best practices, & inspire a quality mindset.
- Work with the QA team to increase QA productivity and efficiency with automation.
- Establish automation strategy to test from mobile app, cloud, connected devices.
- Explain and teach basic coding standards for more junior members of the team.
- Perform manual testing to understand features and architecture of our products.
- Take an active part in product architecture and design decisions.
- Taking responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful delivery of the product.
- Interact with product owner, development teams and stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the product and testing objectives.
- Participate in design review and ensure design requirements are testable.
- Coach, mentor colleagues about verification and validation.
- Challenge delivery process.
T his job might be for you if you are/have:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar role or systems engineering.
- Solid development skills in common languages (Python).
- Solid experience in test automation and continuous integration.
- Solid experience in functional and performance testing and driving system specs into test plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills (English and French).
- Excellent understanding of verification methodology and software development life cycle.
- Excellent knowledge of networking protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of Restful web services.
- Experience in building test benches.
- Experience with Jenkins, Grafana, TestRail, Atlassian Jira, Stash, Bamboo or similar tools.
- Ability to setup simple Mechanical assemblies.
- Agile testing knowledge. (ex: SAFe)
- Leadership and ownership;
- Results oriented, achiever with good planning and organizational skills;
- Positive attitude;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Dependable, responsible and committed to success;
- Collaborative working style, open minded and flexible team-player;
Assets and nice to have:
- Comfortable with agile methodologies;
- Experience with VMware or VirtualBox;
- Experience in HVAC and building automation;
- Experience with Testlink, Atlassian Jira, Stash, Bamboo
- Comfortable using lab tools such as (Scope, Multimeter, Digital analyzers…) for testing and analysis;
- Deliver a stable and useful CI/CD environment;
- Document the infrastructure and process;
- Shared knowledge with others;
- Collaborate with team members;
- Timely response to urgent inquiries;
- Compensation: Base + Bonus + Insurance benefits + Company pension plan
W e seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the
status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See
what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: h ttps://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
O pen space for localized content: country or region specific information and/or business unit organization description.
L et us learn about you! Apply today.
Y o u must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
I t is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Con c ern ing agencies: S c hne ider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.