Service Desk Tier 1 Technician - Temporary (ASCO)
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Temporary Service Desk Tier 1 Technician based out of Florham Park, NJ.
This position is responsible for providing accurate and timely help desk phone and remote access Tier-1 support to the ASCO Power Technologies employees for a duration of 7 months with an optional extension for additional 2 months. This position will require to work different shifts in accordance with ASCO employees' time zones locations.
- Provide first level phone and email technical Help Desk support and troubleshoot user issues related to the Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office products in an MS Active Directory environment
- Utilizing existing automation solution along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver remote user support
- Log user problems utilizing internal ticketing system by initiating trouble tickets for call tracking
- Documents corrective actions for end-user problems
- Follow established processes and procedure working closely with a Service Desk supervisors and IT management
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows 7/Windows 10 operating system in an Active Directory environment.
- Understanding MS Office 2010/2016 including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Visio
- Escalate relevant incidents to tier 2 technicians or management based on complexity or time constraints
- Responsible for open-issue follow-up to ensure adequate resolution and customer satisfaction
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPUTER SKILLS
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS competencies
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016 installation and upgrade experience
- Microsoft Office 365 competencies
- Browser configurations for IE, Firefox and Google Chrome
- Understanding VPN technology
- Desktop Remote Control troubleshooting
- Windows Software installation experience
- Good ticket management and technical trouble shooting skills
- Possess good technical skills and troubleshooting techniques. Have a thorough understanding of PCs - desktop and laptops, operating systems and other associated hardware and software
- Excellent interpersonal and phone skills with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Close attention to detail, follow-up, with an extreme sense of urgency and perseverance
- Strong team effort mentality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two (2) years of directly related experience in IT support
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.