About the Job
About our Company
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On .
As Schneider tackles digital transformation and recognizes the value of aligning strategy, technology and processes with broader business goals, there's a growing need for experienced professionals who can think and deliver creative and innovative solutions to reduce complexity, establish solid technology and data management processes and ensure its consistent use across domains and capabilities.
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Duties and responsibilities
· Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
· Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
· Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
· Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
· Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
· Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
· Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
· Build recommendation systems, using supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
· Build applications using unstructured data, in particular unstructured text, voice and image data
· Work with engineering team to build and deploy models at scale, using APIs
· Mininum Bachelors degree in STEM or other related field. Advanced degree preferred.
· Minimum 3 years practical work experience in data science.
· Open-source, collaborative mindset
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficient in public speaking
· Proven ability to think strategically, while ensuring delivery of objectives and key results
· Experience in Project & Program management desired
· Demonstrated cross-cultural flexibility, respect for diversity and proficient multi-lingual skills
· Python, Spark, Hadoop, AWS, Azure, GCP experience preferred