Assistant Critical Facility Manager
About the Job
Today's Data Center needs to be reliable and efficient, while keeping your data secure. Our technicians are highly trained and certified specialists who will conduct preventative and corrective maintenance activities, supervise outside vendors, perform daily walk through
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- You will provide hands on operation and maintenance of site facilities equipment in accordance with procedures and policies using your knowledge, skills and certifications/ licenses.
- You will collect data and performs rounds/readings.
- In this role you will monitor contractors for procedural, safety, environmental, and risk mitigation process compliance with established procedures/policies/laws
- You will conduct training (within your expertise) to other CFT's and trainees.
- You will work closely with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Schneider Electric and customer standards.
This job might be for you if:
- Assistant Critical Facility Manager (ACFM)
The ACFM is responsible for assisting the CFM with risk mitigation, operations, maintenance, and improvements to the physical infrastructure of the assigned critical facility or site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing operations and maintenance of all assigned site infrastructure equipment and systems
- Coordinating the workforce schedule to accomplish assigned maintenance and operations.
- Maintain the CMMS accuracy and completeness, produce reports as required.
- Assisting and planning with clients on facilities issues
- Assist in the development and execution of facilities budget
- Managing projects as assigned
- Managing facilities support and operations staff as assigned
- Assist with coordination with all other groups (sales, finance, executive staff, projects/construction, etc.)
- Assist in the negotiation and approval of contracts/agreements with vendors as requested
- On-call 24x7x365 and respond to all data center emergencies
- Assume the duties of the CFM in their absence
- Assist with site's safety and environmental compliance
- Assist in managing the client relationship
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university in a major field of study or equivalent 5+ years of experience in critical facility environments
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.