Critical Facility Manager
About the Job
Today's Data Center needs to be reliable and efficient, while keeping your data secure. Our technicians are highly trained and certified specialists who will conduct preventative and corrective maintenance activities, supervise outside vendors, perform daily walk through
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- You will provide hands on operation and maintenance of site facilities equipment in accordance with procedures and policies using your knowledge, skills and certifications/ licenses.
- You will collect data and performs rounds/readings.
- In this role you will monitor contractors for procedural, safety, environmental, and risk mitigation process compliance with established procedures/policies/laws
- You will conduct training (within your expertise) to other CFT's and trainees.
- You will work closely with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Schneider Electric and customer standards.
Critical Facility Manager (CFM)
The CFM is responsible for risk mitigation, operations, maintenance, and improvements to the physical infrastructure of the assigned critical facility, site, or campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing the operations and maintenance of all assigned site infrastructure equipment and systems (critical and/or non-critical)
- Managing the client relationship and identifying new business opportunities
- Assisting and planning with clients on facilities issues
- Development and tracking of facilities budget
- Managing projects as assigned
- Managing facilities engineering and operations staff as assigned
- Overseeing all facilities documentation (planning, development, and implementation)
- Overseeing facilities training program
- Establishing performance benchmarks, conducting analyses and preparing reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
- Coordination with all other groups (sales, finance, executive staff, projects/construction, etc.)
- Negotiation and approval of contracts/agreements with vendors as requested
- On-call 24x7x365 and respond to all data center emergencies
- Responsible for site's safety and environmental compliance
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university in a major field of study with a minimum of 5 years of experience in critical facility environments
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising a technical staff
- Technical knowledge of electrical distribution and emergency/standby power systems, HVAC systems, fire detection/suppression or monitoring/control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with computers and computer networking
- Proficiency in MS Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Familiarity with MS Project