East Region Lead Mechanical Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Be a part of an energetic and vibrant team in a growing business unit.
· Lead the regional (multi-state) MEP engineering efforts for the development and construction phases of energy conservation and facility infrastructure improvement projects.
· Prepare mechanical systems plans, specifications, and study reports to accomplish the goals and objectives of the projects. Mechanical systems include HVAC, plumbing, chilled water, heating water and steam generation and distribution, and natural gas systems.
· Perform field investigation and prepare detailed technical audit reports for for complex projects of unlimited scope and size.
· Manage engineering sub-consultants .
· L ead construction administration for projects.
· Develop and maintain project plan to ensure scope, schedule, and budget correspond with team expectations.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients.
· Co ntribute to strategizing the sale of a project and assist in sales presentations.
· Other duties may be assigned.
This job might be for you if you have:
· Four-year Mechanical or Architectural Engineering degree
· Professional Engineer license (mechanical discipline)
· 10 -20 years relevant work experience
· Advanced understanding of mechanical building systems and energy use
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to listen effectively and solicit input from others
· Intermediate to advanced ability to use Microsoft Office programs
· Advanced understanding of the design, specification and operation of HVAC systems and equipment.
· Advanced un derstanding of International Building Council codes relevant to mechanical systems, and ASHRAE standards and guidelines
· Organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The majority of the work is sedentary. However, when performing job site visits the employee will encounter: moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as laptop computers, tools, ladders and other heavy equipment; driving an automobile, etc.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job will require approximately 20%-30% travel to project sites. Travel will occur through the use of an automobile or by airplane to destinations.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.