About the Job
Schneider Electric™ builds connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers lead and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Extraordinary people make Schneider Electric an excellent company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- This posting is for an Application Engineer, with a role focused on the deployment of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) for key accounts in the large scale data center market.
- This is a customer facing position where you will work well in a team environment and will interface directly in person with contractors and end-users daily.
- Responsibilities for this position include performing software installation and start-up services, servicing installed systems, solving equipment and device communications, and providing customer training for the commissioned system.
- Specific tasks may include:
- You will consult with customers to resolve system operation requirements
- Specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project
- Installation and upgrading of EPMS software
- Configuring and commissioning Schneider Electric and 3rd party hardware
- Performing start-up services and system troubleshooting
- Programming of PLC applications and HMI interface
- Providing training for commissioned system
- Documenting the as-built system
- Travel up to 50% outside of home area to customer sites is required. Majority of travel is domestic with occasional international opportunities.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on control systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- You have experience working around electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, etc.
- Deep understanding of industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, IEC 61850, and BACnet
- Experience in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, etc.), databases (SQL), and HTML development
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, ambitious, and results driven
- You have the knowledge and ability to interpret contract specifications and electrical drawing packages
- Stable work history
- If you have direct experience with Schneider Electric proprietary software such as Power Monitoring and Power SCADA
- Citect Certified Engineer (CCE)
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled